Second Street has an immediate opportunity for a Software Developer. Second Street is an innovative internet and multimedia firm that provides private-label solutions for firms nationwide. Some of our leading-edge products include online contests, daily deal software, photo e-commerce, email marketing and more. Our software solutions are relied upon by more than 2,000 media and marketing companies across North America, including CBS, Clear Channel, The Washington Post and hundreds of others. This is a unique opportunity to obtain a vital role with a major emerging firm producing software used by millions. We are seeking professionals that are tech savvy, learn quickly, passionate about technology and motivated to succeed. If you are seeking an opportunity to build a career in a high tech organization with an outgoing team that enjoy what they do—this is your opportunity.
The Software Developer will be responsible for the development of innovative web-based software solutions and multimedia services . The Software Developer will join a team of talented developers responsible for designing and implementing state-of-the-art Web Products, Social Media, Facebook integration, and mobile software including iPhone and Android applications. You will be involved from inception to deployment; from interacting with our product development teams to working with our engineers to turn ideas into reality. A strong work ethic, good communication skills and advanced knowledge of current technology are vital in this role. The ideal candidate will have a sense of ownership and passion for creating state of the art technology and the drive to stay abreast of new industry tools. This is a (contract and or full time position) which will work out of our Locust & North 11th Street Office, St. Louis MO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The design, development and implementation of web based software and media tools.
- Creation of VB.Net (ASPX) code with close integration of MS SQL stored procedures.
- Provide technical analysis, design, programming, testing, documentation and maintenance support.
- Adhere to application development standards to ensure re-usability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility and ease-of-use for clients and end users.
- Identify opportunities to improve application development team productivity and quality of deliverables.
- Participating in all design team and prototype meetings.
- Reviewing all business functional, security, migration, and reporting documentation.
- BS degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum (2) two years of software development experience in ASP.NET, MS SQL Server 2005,,2008).
- 5+ years’ experience .Net Web development.
- 5+ years’ experience with MS SQL Server, stored procedures, covering indexes, SQL Server 2008 R2 advanced features.
- Experience in current development trends (i.e. Ajax, Web services, HTML5, jQuery, etc.).
- iPhone and or Android Development.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate in a team environment and take directive from leadership with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
Second Street offers competitive wages, friendly atmosphere, three week’s vacation, Simple IRA with Match, and bonus plan.
Please email a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
317 N 11th Street, Suite 200
St. Louis, MO 63101
Second Street Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.