December 23, 2010
Event Recognizing the Top UPICKEM Contests of 2010 for Radio, Television and Newspaper Properties
Localized media’s leading contest and promotions solution reveals in its 2nd Annual Awards webinar, the top contests of 2010 run on its UPICKEM platform. Contests categories include everything from “Best Of”, Best Pet, Best Kids, to Best Holiday and Sweepstakes. Selections were made from Second Street customers websites in the Radio, Television and Newspaper markets.
St. Louis, MO (PRWEB) December 23, 2010
Second Street recently held its 2nd annual “UPICKEM Awards” on December 9, 2010. The awards event was held via a webinar used to showcase the best contests run on the UPICKEM platform in the past year. A total of 20 categories, including new categories “best small, mid and large affiliate”, were voted and chosen by Second Street’s contesting experts.
Second Street President and Co-Founder Matt Coen commented on the awards presentation “This is one of my favorite webinars to run – it’s a fantastic opportunity to acknowledge our partners who excel with their contesting program. Its staggering to not only review the incredible creativity and fun that our partners are having with UPICKEM, but also the millions of dollars, participants and registered users being driven through contests.”
Below are a list of winners for each category:
20. Best Advertiser-Centric: San Diego Union-Tribune Name SeaWorld’s New Dolphin
19. Best “Best Of”: Long Island Press Best of Long Island
18. Best Video: Atlanta Journal-Constitution Thanking Bobby Cox
17. Best Sweepstakes: WPRO Shop Like a Pop Star
16. Best Nature & Outdoors: Sarasota Herald-Tribune‘s Best Catch
15. Best National Sports: Daily Gazette‘s Pick the Pros
14. Best Makeover: The Day’s Ugliest Bathroom Contest
13. Best Lifestyle: Citrus County Chronicle‘s Bar Wars
12. Best Holiday: Minneapolis Star Tribune‘s Children Costume Contest
11. Best Talent: KZOZ Cocked, Locked & Ready to Rock the Opening Slot
10. Best Big Giveaway: The Orange County Register‘s Wedding Contest
9. Best Bracket: WHQG 64 Thing Hog Heads Love to Hate
8. Best Local Sports: Deseret News High School Grid Picks
7. Best Creative: WZAK Buckle Your Beats
6. Best Kids/Babies: WJW-TV Beautiful Baby
5. Best Pets: Newsday’s Cutest Canine
4. Best Small Affiliate: KSBY-TV
3. Best Medium Affiliate: Quad-City Times
2. Best Large Affiliate: Minneapolis Star Tribune
1. Best Overall Contest: The Orange County Register‘s Wedding Contest
To see a complete list of finalists and winners in all categories, please visit UPICKEM’s Promotion Center.
About Second Street: Second Street, Inc. is local media’s premier provider of online contesting, daily deals, email and text message marketing, photo e-commerce, and photo and video user-generated content tools. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, Second Street’s products are built to help their partners leverage online promotions to increase ROI, and grow their base of engaged audience. Second Street’s suite of online promotions products includes Deadline Deals, UPICKEM National Contests, UPICKEM Custom Contest Engine, eBlast Engine, myCapture Publisher and myCapture Community. For more information, call 314-880-4900.