Find your hire calling.We are the leader in online promotions software, including contests, ballots, quizzes, surveys, email, and ecommerce offers. And we didn't achieve our #1 status by accident. We've always strived to hire like-minded leaders who are the best at what they do. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Why should you work with Second Street?
Second Street is looking for college students who are life-long learners and passionate about technology to join our team as an intern. Internships are available in a variety of departments, and individuals accepted to the Internship Program will be matched with a department that suits their long-term career interests. To learn more and to apply, visit the Internship Program page.
Senior Front End Developer
Second Street creates software that helps media companies create engaging online promotions (like sweepstakes, quizzes, trivia, surveys, Instagram contests, and more) to both grow their audience, increase revenue, and learn more about their customers. CBS, Entercom, ESPN, The Washington Post, Sports Illustrated, and over 3,000 others rely on Second Street to engage and interact with their consumers.
We’re a close-knit, vibrant organization located in downtown St. Louis. Second Streeters have a passion for software and the success of our customers. We pride ourselves on our Midwestern values; we keep it casual and work together to get things done.
This position will be a member of our cross-functional development team which is made up of designers, testers, back-end developers, and front-end developers. Members of the team enjoy a high level of autonomy while also working very collaboratively in-person and using Slack, Trello, and Hangouts. We work together to ship code every day and are constantly looking for ways to improve. Developers at Second Street are fully involved in every part of the process, from planning, to developing, to testing, to launch. We strive to use best practices including version control, automated testing, responsive design, code reviews, and occasional pair programming while keeping an eye toward usability and user experience. This position, in particular, will have a special focus on making sure we’re using best practices in our front-end development, especially with Ember.js. A typical day could consist of anything from spooling up a new ember-cli application and integrating with our existing library of ember-cli addons to helping another member of the team work through a particularly vexing issue.
- Deep understanding of web standards
- A knack for writing testable, maintainable code -- and then testing it
- Able to find bugs and performance problems and stop them in their tracks
- Passionate about delivering an amazing customer experience
- Thrives in team environments
- Possesses a strong work ethic; a self-starter, with a desire to grow
- Writes clearly and crisply
- Always looking for better ways to get the job done.
- Experience with version control systems such as git
- Experience with Sass or less
- Experience with agile development, especially kanban
- Contributed code, answers, and/or blog posts to the development community
- Have read Delivering Happiness, Reinventing Organizations, and/or The Lean Mindset
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k with company contribution
- Development retreats every six months
- Computer of your choice
- Relocation reimbursement
- Free parking or a Metro pass, your choice
- Private gym in the basement of our historic building
- Professional development courses and conference opportunities
- Our focus on employee happiness leads to fun surprises like office scooters, renting out movie theaters, and a semi-annual week full of fun, food, and games known as Company Week
- Our incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits are 100% covered for you, and 50% for your family
- We work in a fun office environment with a shuffleboard table, Wii, gym, and full kitchen including a perpetually stocked kegerator
Please email a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. (No phone calls please.)Human Resources
1017 Olive Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
Second Street Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.